Home About Me My Classroom Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Facebook Image Map

May 20, 2016

Five for Friday! 5/20


Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Kaci from Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.  I hope you all had a super great week! It was my first week of summer break! It was freezing and rainy here in Kansas, I bundled up most of the week. I miss the sunshine.




I wish I could say I had a productive first week! Haha. But I think I relaxed a great bit of my time. With the relaxing, I did do some creating! I added a few new products to my store. I hope to add more throughout the summer! These are some things I used last year, and just added!
These are great for practicing mastery! We copied them to colored paper and just taped them to their wrists! The best part was that when they wore them outside of our room, others would ask about them. They could then recite what they are learning :) Find them HERE


My students each had a copy of this dictionary in their desk. Anytime they had a spelling question they would refer here first. If they couldn't find their word, then they came to me with their journal and I would write it in. It stopped the constant question "How do I spell....?" If you would like this resource, find it HERE :)
                       


My Donors Choose project got funded today! As I type this, actually. :) I am so excited!! I will be starting an art club after school for the students in my school. Some of our kids stay late to ride the bus, and this will give them something to do! We will be focusing on nature and doing things outside and with materials we find in nature. So I am looking forward to that!!


I joined in my first blog hope this week! That was so exciting! I now have 200 Instagram followers. I know that's not many, but I was thrilled. Hahah. It's the little things ;) I uploaded this FREEBIE to more store for the hop. I added it to my bubble wands for an end-of-the-year gift!



For our last day we did our annual field day! I was in charge of a group with another teacher. We always have lots of fun playing the games. The kids love it! 






My summer #toberead list is getting longer and longer. I've already started and finished a few!
I'm reading in preparation for our Mock Newbery at the beginning of the year. I will also be mailing copies of my list to students I had last year. I hope that they can get in on the action, even when they aren't in my class :)

Here's my list so far:
1. Booked by Kwame Alexander
2. Raymie Nightingale by Kate DiCamillo
3. Hour of the Bees by Lindsay Eager
4. Paper Wishes by Lois Sepahban
5. Maybe a Fox by Kathi Appelt and Allison Mcghee
6. The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
7. Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart
8. The Land of Forgotten Girls by Erin Entrada Kelly
9. The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd
10. Pax by Sara Pennypacker 
11. All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook by Leslie Connor
12. Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
13. The Night Parade by Kathryn Tanquary
14. Freedom in Congo Square by Carole Boston Weatherford
15. Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier
16. Summerlost byAlly Condie
17. The Remarkable Journey of Charlie Price byJennifer Maschari
18. The Girl in the Well is Me by Karen Rivers
19. Red: The True Story of Red Riding Hood by Liesl Shurtliff
20. Counting Thyme by Melanie Conklin


Do you have any suggestions that I should add to my list?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. The first week is all about relaxing! I'd say you were pretty productive anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain and cold or not, summer break is great! I have 18.5 days to go, one day of field trips, and two half days of IEPs... but who's counting?? Thanks for the Go Noodle tip and the freebie bubble card. Stop by and enter my HUE Animation Studio giveaway. You'll have all summer to dink around with it and think of kid projects :) See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete